Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

Home Cooked Food: Vultius Ice Cream Sandwich



For these last posts for our project, we will all be posting a ‘homemade’ dish that we create throughout our journey. We have been rating food and its time to put our culinary skills to test how well we can do some dishes. We will all be doing a 5-course meal, consisting of appetizers, main dish, salad, dessert and drinks. For me, I did the dessert. I did a simplified version of it as we have to cook with all the ingredients that we had and also I had to do mine below 10 minutes. So I would like to test myself. The dessert is called ‘Vultius Ice Cream Sandwich’. It is a very simple dish with very prep and cooking time needed. I named the dessert Vultius Ice Cream Sandwich as Vultius is my Freshmen Orientation Camp(FOC) subgroup. They are my first family in Ngee Ann Poly and so I made a dessert with our subgroup name in the title. The dessert is covered by Graham Crackers. In between those two crackers, are bittersweet chocolates with Vanilla flavoured Ice-Cream in between them. Then, I cut the remaining chocolates I have and put a ‘V’ in front of the sandwich to represent my subgroup. Now, I will share 2 ingredients to make this Ice-Cream Sandwich. One is the simplified version and the other is the real deal.
SIMPLIFIED VERSION(servings of 5 people)


Ingredients needed
10 Graham Crackers
1 Bittersweet Chocolate
Vanilla Ice Cream
Steps
1. Spread out 5 Graham Crackers around the plate for the base.
2. Break the bittersweet chocolate according to the size of the crackers and put it on top of the graham cracker
3. Place Vanilla ice-cream on top of the chocolate and cover the ice cream carefully with the same size of the bittersweet chocolate.
4. Cover the whole sandwich with the graham cracker.
5. Design the plate as you wish

THE REAL DEAL VERSION(servings of 4)
Ingredients needed
10 Graham Crackers
1 Bittersweet Chocolate
Vanilla Ice Cream
Marshmallows
STEPS                                                                                       
1. Spread 8 Graham crackers with marshmallow on top around the plate.
2. Put chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave it on high heat for about 90 seconds stirring every 30-35 seconds until it has that peanut butter smoothness.
3. Spread chocolate on the crackers. Let it cool for a while
4. Place ice-cream  on top of the marshmallow and cover it with another cracker. Press gently.
5. Serve it immediately or wrap it in plastic and place in freezer.


2 comments:

  1. Looooksssss good yum! #VultiusHuat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damm looks delicious and easy to make, what a nice name it has!! #vultiushuat

    ReplyDelete